Press the play button after you position the mass.
- Find the mass of the ball.
- Enable the velocity graph. Does the velocity lead or lag the the position
graph during simple harmonic motion?
- How do the frequencies compare if the restoring force is -2*y, -4*y, and -8*y N/m?
You may right-click on the graph to create a copy at any time.
- Change the restoring force to -y-0.1*y*y. Is the motion periodic? Is it
harmonic? What about -y-2.0?
- Design your own force that produces periodic, but not necessarily harmonic, motion.